Green-Able offers a full range of sub-metering solutions designed for the multi-family residential market. We are able to sub-meter electricity, water, and natural gas. We are also able to sub-meter hot-water usage, allowing you to bill appropriately for the energy required to heat the water.
We are currently the only company in Canada with the technology to sub-meter water in riser-piped buildings, which account for 70-80% of the multi-residential buildings in Canada.
Sub-metering allocates the cost of utilities directly to the tenant occupying every unit in the building. This provides a fair distribution of the utility bill, with every unit paying for their exact portion of the amount consumed. Sub-metering provides numerous benefits to building owners, property managers, and tenants alike.
Benefits for Owners
- Encourages conservation by tenants
- Increases property value and income
- Removes utility cost variability risk
- Allows for lower advertised rent price
Benefits for Property Managers
- Daily leak-reports
- Identification of leaks by exact location
Benefits for Tenants
- Provides incentive to conserve
- Fair allocation of utility costs
- Full break-down of consumption habits
- Lower rental rates
- Confidence in fair allocation in utility costs
Point of Use Sub-Metering
Our point of use sub-meters are able to analyze water consumption at every usage point (eg. toilet, shower, kitchen sink). This provides tenants with a clear report on their consumption patterns, allowing them to make the appropriate changes so-as to reduce consumption. This technology is used in providing daily leak reports to property managers, identifying the exact location of every leak before it causes too much damage.